Sumatra - Indonesia - MEDAN


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Sumatra » Medan
September 13th 2008
Published: September 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We took the high speed ferry from Penang across to Sumarta, it should of taken 4hrs but 6hrs later and lots of very ill people we arrived, the sea was really rocky, one minute you can see just the sky to one side of the boat then just the waves.

We caught a mini van to the Capital City of Medan, now these mini vans are something else, they would be scrap in the UK, there is more filler than body work, most have spoilers onthe back, Bob Marley painted all over them and no doors. But we arrived eventually, again this should of taken 1hr but 2.5hrs later we arrived at our hotel.

It was a very long day, took around 13hrs all in all, from when we left the Hotel in Penang to the next Hotel in Sumatra.

Medan wasnt very nice, I didnt feel very comfortable there, the men seem to stare more here than anywhere else, but we only stayed one night, we met a really nice Dutch couple (Nick and Sanne) at the border crossing and they stayed at the same hotel as us, so we went for a couple of drinks with them.

Then in the morning we left for Bukit Lawang for some Jungle Trekking.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0185s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb