Bunaken: Adrenaline Night Dive


Advertisement
Asia » Indonesia » Sulawesi » Bunaken National Park
October 27th 2010
Published: April 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Part II I left off with Bunaken: Storytellers and Salp and saw much more. By the end of my first trip in October 2010, I had seen various chromodoris nudis and some tinier ones I still can't identify (any help appreciated--refer to tiny nudibranch photos). There was one dive spot I particularly loved when the weather, current and visibility permitted. We followed a rope, around which razor fish... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Nasty FlounderNasty Flounder
Nasty Flounder

These guys go around eating all the cool creatures. Boo~
Turquoise NudiTurquoise Nudi
Turquoise Nudi

Please inform me if you know the name of this little nudibranch.
Mini NudiMini Nudi
Mini Nudi

Please inform me if you know the name of this little nudibranch.
Mini NudiMini Nudi
Mini Nudi

Please inform me if you know the name of this little nudibranch.
Christmas TreesChristmas Trees
Christmas Trees

Orange and Blue
It Rains Fish in the WaterIt Rains Fish in the Water
It Rains Fish in the Water

Tons of Red Tooh Triggerfish



12th April 2012

Tour trip
hi Dear I read you blog for little time but seen all image in this blog all image are very attractive with quality. I will try in our life really visit all place. Thanks
12th April 2012

vincent: Glad you enjoyed and I hope you make it out. It's definitely worthwhile.
12th April 2012

Re: turquoise triggerfish
Those seem like mean fish! ''I'm pretty calm around sharks...'' And, those dont exactly look friendly either. I think, it is something to do with the eyes. One of the kids at Lydias school has eyes like that, and he scares the hell out of me, even though he never says anything.
12th April 2012

Great photographs!
Have you invested in a new camera by any chance - you've previously mentioned your desire to purchase one. There are some really good photographs here - I particularly like the black, white and pink lobster.
12th April 2012

Shane: Thanks for the comment! This was a new camera I splurged on in Singapore Airport in October 2010. Alas, I never found a remedy for the leaky housing, so I haven't taken any more underwater photos since this trip. I hope I can justify another splurge down the line because I'd love to sharpen my underwater photos.
14th April 2012

BREATHLESS IN BUNAKEN
I have just emerged from the dive with you...carried me into the depths...showed me an underwater World of wonders and adventures...scared the hell out of me...I'm still breathless...requires brave souls like you to bring us these stories...and that hero boyfriend...beautifully written & photographed...and you emerged smiling...well done..!
14th April 2012

I can only hope to go on another underwater journey sooner rather than later, so I can share more! If you like this one, you should check out [blogger=51678]. I just spotted her underwater photos today and was blown away. Such great bloggers out there.
25th April 2012

Squids
I have a little trouble relating to your feelings about charming school of squid, since swarms of the creatures have virtually eliminated all other life in the Sea of Cortez. I watched a documentary about searching for a giant squid. Part of the procedure involved using a smaller squid as bait, since they are cannibals. I was surprised at how voracious they were. Even the human divers had to be careful. Love your pictures though.
26th April 2012

Ahhh~ those are probably the Humboldt squids you are talking about. Now they are terrifying and I don't ever want to run into those swarms. Their speed and fast spreading populations are very scary, though. The good news is that they tend to be deep water creatures that only come up in specific regions when the evening draws near. The ones I saw, I believe, were just regular old squids. :)
8th August 2012
Nudibranch Brownish Red and White

Nudibranch is a Chromodoris reticulata
Great shot! Regards, Linda
11th August 2012
Nudibranch Brownish Red and White

Thank you for comment and the ID! :)

Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 22; qc: 75; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb