Nongsapura Getaway 2010


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Riau Archipelago » Batam
March 13th 2010
Published: March 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, 13th March 2010



A quiet 2 Day 1 Night weekend breakaway on the eastern shore of Batam Island, the Batam View Resort may be aging gracefully. But it provided an ideal avenue to spend quality time with friends and getaway from the city life. About 35 minutes from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal, we arrived at the resort sometime after 11am on Saturday. Our superior room was a mixed bag. While it was facing the carpark directly, the corner of the balcony offered breath taking view of the Batam Straits =)

Throughout our stay, we took all our meals at the resort restaurant (that's 2 lunches, 1 complimentary breakfast and 1 dinner) as we were too lazy to join in the local shopping spree. Instead, we spent 3 hours whiling our time going through the spa treatment located at level 5 of the resort. Our comfortable room provided the perfect excuse to coop up in the room to catch up on the Discovery Channel. Other times, we were lazing at the lobby to listen to the live band at play. Boy, these guys could really sing! Oh yes, the swimming pool provided a perfect avenue to shed off extra calories from the heavy breakfast.

Overall, the 1 night stay was peaceful for me even though it was less so for S as she needed to attend to her ringing handphone most of the time.

2 Days 1 Night Package: $119.50
Spa Treatment: $75
Food & Transport: $72

Total Damage: $266.50

All prices quoted in SGD

Advertisement



16th March 2010

i was still thinking when r u going batam.. and the 3 hrs of SPA TREATMENT... too relax liao ba.. *JEALOUS*

Tot: 0.353s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 85; dbt: 0.2514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb