Gili Islands . May13-17, 2015 [Long Weekend]


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Lombok
September 2nd 2015
Published: September 2nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

It was our last holiday before the extended summer break. Two other friends and I spent it on the Gili Islands. We had a four day long weekend and decided to take the hour and half flight to Lombok right after school on the Wednesday evening . From there we took a boat to Gili Trawangan. There are three islands in total including Gili Meno and Gili Air. This series of islands is located just off the northwest coast of Lombok. We stayed on the far side of Gili T and could see Bali in the distance as the sun was setting. The Gili islands are famous for their remote island experience and are very popular with tourists. Horse and buggy is one of the main forms of transportation on the island so after loading up a cart with our luggage, we were on our way to our hotel. The hotel had a beautiful pool overlooking the beach and the sunsets. We also spent a half day renting peddle bikes to ride around the island and on a different day, snorkelling around the other two smaller islands. On our private snorkel trip we saw three sea turtles! One was only 5 feet away swimming at the surface of the water before we watched him swim down to the bottom. The four days were a perfect mix of relaxing, getting some work done, browsing in shops, swimming, reading, eating delicious food etc.


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb