First days


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Lombok » Sengigi
March 8th 2024
Published: March 8th 2024
Edit Blog Post

I am writing this sipping a white wine looking out on a lovely beach on the island of Lombok. This is our first port of call and the first time I have got onto WiFi as the ship's connections are unreliable and very expensive.
We left Fremantle on Sunday night and have spent 4 days at sea. Our days have consisted of the following
Quizzes
There are usually 3 quizzes each day. In the morning a 20 question general knowledge one, a 10 question themed quiz in the afternoon and just before dinner a combination 15 question one. So far they have been quite challenging. We did tie with 4 others once but have fallen just short. The other tables have up to 8 people and though we have been joined by a couple of others occasionally we are mostly on our own. We will keep trying though.

Food

So far the food has been good. A different menu for each meal(apart for breakfast) and all very tasty.The wine is not really great even though we have the top package. However the G & T's are good. We are yet to try the three specialty restaurants which cost extra but we will in time!!

Shuffleboard Challenge

Yes it is well and truly on. The initial match was hard fought with Fletcher just taking the win by scoring a crushi g 20 to nil in one end. It was lwatched by an enormous crowd of 3. The second match was close too but I emerged victorious due to some expert play. On the third day the match was called off due to invaders on the pitch. Too many deckchairs in the wrong spot
yesterday Fletcher leapt ahead, but I will make a spectacular comeback tomorrow!!
I have also joined the choir and we are learning songs from Les Mis and Aspects of love. A bit of fun and a way to meet some more people.


Apart from that we have done some
people watching, some ocean watching where we saw small schools of tiny flying fish, flying from wave to wave but not much else. We have decided our favourite bar is the Botanical which is beautifully decorated and we are working our way through the list of special gins.
We have just eaten a very nice pizza and are enjoying this 5 star hotel we have been deposited at. We now set sail for Singapore which we will reach in 2 days time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb