Bromo (yeah,again!) - in ERUPTION, yay!


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Mount Bromo
February 20th 2011
Published: April 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

few days left till Pierre going to leave Malang.. no wonder we used any spare time we have to be on some trip together.. and this time we went to see Bromo which already in eruption for about 2-3 months.. actually Bromo is an active volcano which always smoking, but about 3 months back then, it's started to explode!! had no idea how bad is the eruption till we reach there.. these time I only knew the news from newspaper only, not on the real place!.. now, let me share you this eruption story.. hoho..

Happy weekend!!.. :*
why happy weekend? well, cause we went on weekend! hah, what a lame sentence :d..

so, before I already planned to do some backpacker style using public transport via Tumpang town, then rent motorbike there for only 100000IDR to reach Bromo.. and so the same to get back to Malang. But it turned out we woke up late and still had a bit hangover after bottles of beers we had last night.. finally we took a cab - completely crazy driver! - to reach Tumpang town and already spent 70000IDR to pay the cab.. ;( on our first step, already wasn't backpacker style..

after we stopped on Tumpang town, we entered minimarket to buy water and eggdrop biscuits, my favourite!hehe.. and we asked the shop keeper about motorbike and also jeep rent. For sure mon amour prefer jeep much more than the motor :d voila! the shopkeeper showed me the jeep owner who sit around the minimarket and we started to bargain.. this time, definetely can't bargain as we ask the driver to drop us back to hotel.. so we deal the price on 800000IDR..

get into the jeep,yankee!
along our way up to Bromo for 1,5-2 hours, this area offers us many pretty landscape views.. from weird plantation, till rocky bumpy road with a very very deep valley on each our side.. felt like riding on the edge..
with this driver who soon will be our photographer and a good trip leader.. and also his partner who always help him to fix the machine when we stop..

after some strange landscpae view, we drove down crossing a huge circular green meadow which they called savannah or Teletubbies hill... and from this savannah, we already able to see those smokes keep running to the air, olala! and we've been thinking and guessing a lot if probably this savannah or even Bromo area was a huge glacier on those old old prehistoric time.. since it's very narrow and surrounded with mountains.. anyway, I feel like I'm in Kyrgyzstan back then!!!.. yihaaaa...

got lot of pictures and satisfied (no way! we can't just be satisfied with this great landscape!!!!), then we're heading closer to Bromo.. we passed another sandy and dusty road, then entered the black sand area.. I've been to Bromo like 2-3 times before this huge eruption, and it was completely different with what I saw this time.. completely dark and grey! all the trees dead and just thick ashes everywhere..

and we saw tornado.. no not tornado, but tornadoS! with 's' which mean it was more than one tornado.. well, it's not as big as on the Hollywood movies, but enough to creeping me out when it moved closer to our car..

and when we're getting closer and more closer to Bromo, we could hear the groundling sounds from inside the crater.. another creepy touch for this volcano.. and I noticed the smoke on the crater was very small back on last year when it's my last time went to Bromo..

and now the smokes quite creepy like it can explode to the worse situation anytime haha.. and we saw some (a lot!!!) lava stones bouncing up from the crater mouth and it went down again.. for sure we kept looking on sky to check if there's any big stones came to us hehe..
even the small hill next to the volcano, before was quite green.. and now definetely change the fashion style onto greyish coat.. uyuyuy!
the whole area also covered with thick ashes for sure! I saw some sticks were covered with ashes, and it means I stood on the ground one metre higher than before it was on eruption hehe..

before it was fulled with poeple offering horse riding, but now we only found one local offered us his horse. He asked for 50000IDR, but then we bargained and we got 20000IDR to ride around.. oh well, Iguess it must be hard for the local villager who offers horse riding when it's very quite and no tourist coming,hah! what can we do?!?! :d pppprrrrttttt! anyway, I knew mon amour completely proud being above the horse XD haha.. my god!

fiuhhh... what a weekend! now our nose completely filled with ashes! :d well, this is another good idea to spent our last weekend together, eruption!.. then let's meet again soon for another trip.. till that time, let's farting together on different country! :d hah!





Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 12; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0713s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb