From Adelaide to Jakarta.


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Jakarta
September 24th 2012
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -6.18, 106.83

Day one of our Indonesian week saw us fly from Adelaide to Sydney to connect with our flight to Jakarta. In Sydney we had an hour's sojourn in the First Class Qantas Lounge where we had our sit down lunch;for me Warm Duck salad washed down with French champagne and a Tasmanian Reisling. Very nice. then on to a packed plane for the 7 hour flight. The entertainment system wasn't working but I read, dozed and did the crossword puzzles.
Landing in Jakarta the humidity hit us as we left the plane.30 degrees and 90% humidity!. We were met by Aslan, and the driver Tandi for the 40 minute drive across the city to our hotel located near the Sports Stadium. They certainly go in for bright lights in this place.The traffic was heavy and typical of an Asian city: No real rules, just push in when you can.
Once settled at the Atlet Century Park Hotel, a very comfortable place with Free Internet(Yay!) Fletcher and I went to the lobby so he could discuss the course which starts tomorrow at 8-30am. The three staff members from the Development Centre here are lovely.
Tomorrow I think I am exploring the nearby shopping centres and hitting the outdoor swimming pool for a little rest and relaxation. Then on Tuesday they are arranging a driver and guide to take me into the main city attractions. Meanwhile, Fletcher will be working hard. A nice change!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.46s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0806s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb