INDONESIA - JAKARTA - LE MERIDIEN HOTEL


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Jakarta
March 13th 2011
Published: March 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

JAKARTA AT SUNSETJAKARTA AT SUNSETJAKARTA AT SUNSET

An impressive city and rather nice at this time of day.
I made a short business trip earlier this month to Jakarta. The first time back after perhaps 10 years. Interestingly the city looked a lot the same - perhaps more shopping malls. But Jakarta was one of the first Asian mega-cities to start building upwards so the skyline was familiar. For those that like night life, Blok M is still there!

I stayed at Le Meridien Jakarta Hotel on Sudirman - which is as traffic bound as ever. This is a nice 3 to 4-star hotel (my star criteria and ranking). I could have done without the mosquitoes in Le Brasserie but the helpful and smiling staff makes up for a lot of minor glitches. The room was comfortable but I struggled at the start to get a non-smoker. Really most hotels should now understand that business customers (and this is a business hotel) don't like smoking in the room. If you go for the de-luxe executive rooms there's a very nice lounge on the 20th floor where one can get drinks and snacks.

Other hints: Use the Silver Bird taxis, they have excellent new cars and are not so expensive. Leave a good hour to get from and to the airport, which is still a bit poky, tho' I like the Javanese style of architecture. There is a visa on arrival arrangement now for most nationalities (ASEAN folk require no visas of course) and this is $25, but the procedure is easy and the immigration officials are very well-mannered.


Le Méridien Jakarta
Jalan Jenderal Sudirman,Kav 18 - 20 Jakarta,Jakarta10220
Phone: (62)(21) 251 3131

Advertisement



13th March 2011

I love this one!!
www.borneonation.com was reading ur page.. i really love it.. thanks a great info!
14th March 2011

waiting your next stay... :)
Dear Mr. Bastin, I am very glad to hear your good experience during your stay at Le Meridien Jakarta. We can not wait for your next arrival and ready to give you another good experience. Please feel free to contact us or me directly for any further assistance. Thank you and best regards, Isrin Virgasari

Tot: 0.326s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 23; qc: 146; dbt: 0.19s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb