London - Dubai - Jakarta


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Jakarta
July 12th 2009
Published: July 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So I am sitting here in Jakarta about to start the real traveling. I have to say that so far the accommodation has been literally first class.

We left London on Friday 10th, early in the morning having had half an hour sleep, as I thought it would be a good idea to pack the night before. You think I would have learnt from South America that this is never a good idea. The hiccup in this decision was that I had no idea where half all the important things were mainly my diving licence!! After coming up with a solution to this problem i started clearing my camera to only find my diving license in the bloody case. woops!

So the taxi picked us up and we arrived at Victoria to me only to realize that i had left my ipod at home, so a detour back home and a trip to the station again we finally got on the train.
Our flight to Dubai was good, apart from a little problem. You know when you look at the people who are getting on your flight and you mentally think of the ones you would least want to sit next. Like the screaming, crying Australian/French lunatic kids. Well we boarded the flight to find them just in front of us. Fantastic and the parents were as crazy as them so we got a complete list of all the movies available for us to watch with in between screams from the kids. They definatly need to invent sound proofing to spare us the pain.
On arrival to Dubai we expected a clean perfect picturesque Dubai you see on the tV. That was only true of the hotel and Airport. It is literally a building site that we were whisked through in our large air conditioned SVC. Literally the biggest car available.
Next stop flight number two hopefully minus the screaming kids. This time we got a new treat turbulence. As we flew over Indonesia the plane went up and down and jumped around a bit. I was sandwiched between SJ, clutching her pillow and trying not to scream and a woman next to me, who i couldnt figure out whether her constant hand movements towards mine was a signal to hold her hand or not. She however settled with hiding underneath her blanket. This wonderful turbulence did delay our food!!! the most important thing of course. Seven hours later we were in Jakarta. Well queueing for a visa which took ages. All the stress over whether they were still paranoid about swine flu or we would get a visa were for nothing probably should have thought about the hotel.

On leaving the terminal we attached all these new friends, taxi drivers. The prices started at extortionate prices and slowly moved down to acceptable. We arrived at the Millennium hotel finally at twelve at night absolutly shattered. Here we went to the check out desk to find they couldn't find our booking. The guy then proceeded to want a deposit of 100 pounds for a room of 50 which was rightly said was outragous. To quiet him we settled on our price, but then found out that the hotel had already been paid. It is annoying that cause you look like a traveler people think you are idiots. Or that you do nto command respect. This was very annoying and we expressed this in our questionnaire.
The hotel room was amazing with our club lounge access and our key to allow us access to our floor. Defiantly worth it.

So here i am in Jakarta. We are starting our real travelling and have ventured out the airport. It is all rather smelly it is like eggs. Lots of eggs. But gone off eggs. Probably it is the smell of sewage. We have been productive and have booked a flight to Bali for tonight were we plan to meet some friends and sit on the beach and recover from our three day travelling across the world.

From Bali we are going to climb a volcano and visit the Gilli Islands. Such a hard life.

So now we are going to try and call Bali, hahahaha soooo much fun, when they will probably not speak english. Hope you enjoy these blogs will try and update them.

bye bye
xxxx



Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0819s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb