More of the boat trip!


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Flores
May 30th 2007
Published: May 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Howdy. Yeh i forgot loads of stuff! Got me little half hearted journal with me know so i may try som highlights!

Ok... dave and Matt (our new aussie friend) BRAVELY swam into a cave of bats. I stayed on the boat, where i was in an excellent position to hear them shrieking and dashing back out. The same matt also shrieked much more a little later when he fell of a ladder and dislocated hi knee. Kids eh. He's alright... went to a massuese in Lombok who sucked out the evil using a glass, some petrol and a lighter. Makes a change from witch hazel.

What else... did i mention the sulphur lake with its magical healing properties? I of course became much younger, thinner and more attractive. It doesn't really show in the photos though. You must SEE to believeeeeeee. It was cool there though... you could just float on the top of the water, lke an invisble lilo. Took me and my fat arse a while to master this though, but i got it, yesirree. Floated right into a mess of seaweed. there was cultural significance too (honest!). Local people hang coral from atree on the lake, which represents the wish that they will meet thelove of thier life. not for me though. My dave was already there. Trying to race to the other side of a huge lake with a boy 10 years his junior. God love him x

Also, keeping with you know, different cultures and that, our last stop was a little village where most of our 234 strong crew lived. man did they gawp at the white folk. feels so weird! Anyway, we had coconuts, scared some local children, all the fun of the fair! It was really cool actually, meeting the crews families especially. Nice to geta bit more of a taste of reality after being lost at sea for so long. I should point out though that all the boys had Nirvana t-shirts on and Korn stickers on their bikes. Can you iamgine, having such little access to good modern music. brings a tear to the eye....

We arrived in Lombok late at night, and i woke up about 5am to have my lovely super strong lombok coffee, and watch the sun rise over the weird hollywood style sign they have at Labuan Lombok port. The call to prayer in several surrounding mosques started soon after, and frankly i felt so relaxed and so happy, that i couldn't even manage to ruin it by taking incessant photos.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0657s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb