T-I-I


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Flores » Labuanbajo
August 26th 2010
Published: August 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ellie: We set off today to Labuan Bajo with a ticket saying "Lion Air" in hand. We landed in a propellor plane saying "Wings Air." Hmmm. Well, as a lady called Olga (who happened to be a Jehovah's witness) had advised us on Hoga, "TII": This Is Indonesia. We're here at least. We've had an interesting day, rather too interesting to be documented in full here because we're anxious to start tonight's film, but have successfully organised two boat trips to the islands of Rinka and Komodo with a company called "Dive Komodo," run by an Australian called Greg. We'll be doing two dives with probably around ten other tourists, all legit and PADI certified, promise. Our hotel backs on the beach where we've just watched the most incredible sunset and Claire had fun showing off her, very impressive I have to admit, photography skills. Facebook them if you can. (HAHA mum and dad you'll just have to wait.)

Claire: Pretty impressive photos on a 3MP camera, and one that turns off sporadically and sometimes decides that it prefers the photos to be in red... But even it was impressive at capturing the sunset this evening, it was truly beautiful, setting behind many little islands on the horizon, with little boats dotted around the foreground. There are very few tourists here which makes a nice change from Kuta, although I'm sure we'll bump in to lots tomorrow on board boats and things!

We just got back from an amazing meal too. With low hopes seeing as the restaurant was right next to the hotel, and what seemed like the only one on the road, we gave it a go, and to our surprise the food was incredible! I think I'll feel very guilty tomorrow when diving with snappers and knowing that I managed to eat one the size of a small cat. But still, it was incredible, buttery and garlicky and well worth the guilt that will undoubtedly ensue tomorrow. Let's face it, I'm now a coral expert/fanatic, who really cares about fish anyway?

So we're going to bed early and looking forward to our dives tomorrow, at a bright and early time of 7am!




Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb