Komodo


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Flores » Labuanbajo
January 1st 2020
Published: January 5th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Two weeks diving in Komodo National Park. Wonderful to see healthy coral again, many beautiful dives. Didn't realise that December was the end of the dive season from labuan Bajo, but we had good dives on all days. Did a day trip to Padar Island (3 beaches of different colours, great views - and Timor Deer on the beach!), Pink Beach (it really was pink!), Komodo Island - to see the dragons and Manta Point (yes to see manta rays and snorkel). Padar Island is beautiful and that made the trip worthwhile. It was a full day from 5:30am to 5pm.

During our diving days we went one day to Rinca Island rather than do the 3rd dive and this was a much better experience than Komdo Island for seeing the dragons. We were lucky and had a great experience as a young buffalo had died in a muddy river and several big dragons were on the march to find this and we were able to spend some time watching the dragons find the buffalo and moving around in the mud - they didn't seem to want to eat such a dirty muddy animal!

Labuan Bajo where we stayed is not the most desirable place but worth it for the overall experience. Lots of building work going on as they expand the facilities for visitors.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb