Bali Baby.


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali
July 18th 2014
Published: July 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Bali Bali Bali... I completely over estimated you. I thought you would be a glorious version of Thailand. Beautiful beaches, small hotels, and quaint streets. Sadly you have disappointed. You are busy, bustling and dirty 😞 Even your Ocean has garbage in it. So far we started off our time in Sanur, which we found a very nice Villa hotel, with green space for Ethan to run around in, a nice porch for Gerson to study on, and a lovely pool. We spent 5 days there and 4/5 of the days I (brenda) had either a massage, or foot rub... just lovely. On thursday we decided to take a day trip to see the Monkey Forest a temple (sorry can't remember the name), and rice fields. Along the way we stopped at a silver/gold processing store and picked up 2 new wedding rings. We had left ours at home.

So in a nut shell Thursday was beautiful, the monkeys were super crazy friendly, and the temple was very unique. However the temper tantrums and screaming fits were at an all time high! All 3 of the boys managed to have at least 1 melt down. Momma managed to hold it together but just barely. Owen couldn't get a decent nap, Ethan didn't get a nap and was confined to a car ride which apparently was BORING. Apparently I am an evil Mommy for not allowing him to stick his head out the window... Don't judge America we are in Asia and there are no car seats here, and NO I was not going to drag one around. Anyways after succumbing to the tantrums we handed over the Itouch to Ethan to play with. However the combination of being overly tired and the distraction of the itouch, Ethan had a pee pee accident... So here we sit headed home, ethan climbing all over both our laps with pippy pants... YUCK! When we got home, we promptly went to the pool and cooled off. Kids were in bed EARLY and I headed to get a foot reflexology (rub) and Gerson settled in to study. We were exhausted.

Today Friday in the morning Ethan and I went for a bike ride along the beach, while owen attempted to nap and Gerson attempted to study. we then headed over to Seminyak side of the island, rumors are the beach is cleaner. The hotel cost seems to be higher, so we booked 2 nights in our current hotel, we got the family 2 room suite for the weekend. We need to shop around for a cheaper hotel but for now we needed 2 rooms so we could have some quiet time while the kids are asleep. If we are not thrilled with this side of the island we will go back to the other on Sunday and go back to the routine of sleep, eat, play, massage!

They are both currently napping when they get up we will hit the beach...

I included a few elephant pictures on this one, but those are from Thailand, I just handed uploaded them from the Camera.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb