Bali, day three


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali
August 24th 2013
Published: August 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

It's a beautiful day in Bali. It seems that every day is a beautiful day in Bali. Daytime highs are in the mid 80s fahrenheit and evenings probably low 70s. Skies usually have a few clouds that give welcome relief from the sun, and light winds from the nearby ocean help minimize humidity. It's easy to see why a lot of foreigners settle here. In fact, if school wasn't starting for the kids in ten days I might be tempted!

One noteworthy negative is that the infrastructure here really cannot cope with the number of people. Roads are very busy and not good quality. The majority of the 4 million population is in the south part of the island, and getting anywhere is especially slow in that area. And things seem likely to get worse as owners of the rice paddies get tempted by rising land prices to grow concrete instead of rice. Our villa is probably a mile or two from the coast and the manager said that there used to be a decent view of the ocean, but now it is mostly roofs. It's a bit of a shame but it's nothing new and is the same the world over. Anywhere this nice and this close to rich populations like Singapore is bound to attract people.

We enjoyed another easy day today with Anna-Marie, Andy and Keita. The morning was spent by the pool and in the afternoon we had three masseuses come in and we all had a massage....even the kids! A first for them, and they loved it.

We then went for dinner at a great place on the beach where we watched the sunset. It was a lovely place with good music, good food and a beautiful view of surfers in the ocean. I want to go there much more often than once a lifetime! The place was called Echo Beach, and that will form today's two part music quiz. Who sang the song Echo Beach? (The lyrics are on the photo of the menu and may help you sing along!). And who sang the songs The Killing Moon and, People Are Strange?


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement




Tot: 0.319s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0715s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb