Bali, day four


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali
August 25th 2013
Published: August 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Our last full day in Bali. It's been great to be here, and the fact that friends and family were here too made it even more fun. One highlight today was the innaugural Anyar Olympics. There were five events (football, targetted ball throwing, swimming, rock retrieval from the bottom of the pool and diving) five competitors ( Ben, Carys, Andy, Keita and Nick) and two judges (Anna-Marie and Sandra). Competition was incredibly intense and ended with Ben taking the gold while Carys and Andy tied for silver. Well done to all three kids!

In the early evening Andy, Anna and Keita all headed off for the airport just as the sun was setting over the paddy field behind our house. The lovely evening was a great farewell backdrop for them. We also jumped in a taxi and went to Seminyak for a little touristy shopping and dinner. We went to Cafe Bali that Andy had recommended and enjoyed a nice meal.

As our stay in Indonesia draws to a close, it's time for general thoughts. This has been a lovely stay in a very relaxing place. We had one day of tourism and three more lazy days. The day of tourism was very good and without it, my view of Bali would be totally incomplete. There are some beautiful sights here in Bali and the people have been extremely nice. I've enjoyed the days here and I think that's the combination of lots of little factors rather than a few big reasons. Perfect weather, a lovely villa, Kadek here to cook meals, super-friendly staff at Anyar, friends and family here, dinner by the beach, time to read a book in the evening sun, the sounds of kids laughing in the pool etc etc. I'd come here again in a heartbeat!

Tomorrow we leave Villa Anyar at 1030am to fly to Singapore. We stay there overnight, flying to Tokyo at 5am on Tuesday. Onwards!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.254s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.067s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb