SURPRISE !!!! BALI 50TH


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali
March 14th 2011
Published: March 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,

Well after a lot of planning and a long time to wait and keep the surprise we are now here in Bali.

We arrived and travelled 4hours to our little hotel in Tembok. We stayed in a pool side villa. It was very peaceful, they do not have TV, internet or even telephones in the room. As Wayan and Suzie were visiting their village for a ceremony we invited them to come and stay at the Poinciana Resort with us. They really enjoyed it, the girls thought they were princesses and swam in the pool all afternoon.

We left for Seminyak and to meet the others. When we arrived at the villas I was still worried that John would some how find out about everyone coming over and the villa staff kept asking about the other guests and I just kept acting dumb telling him they were probably talking about Krista & Kevin. We went to pick them up from the airport and everyone jumped out and said SURPRISE. John said it was surreal, like it was happening but not registering. At last no more secrets.

We all enjoyed a morning of shopping and more shopping.

On Saturday night we all enjoyed the 50th Birthday party that was set up in our villa. They decorated the whole villa with beautiful lanterns and flower petals. We had a chef cook us prawns, chicken and fish along with a lot of other Balinese foods. It was Yummo. We watched the beautiful dancers perform for us.

Kirralee had made a great DVD for us with lots of pictures of us with everyone that was here.

Krista and Kevin had a night of fun and competition planned for the evening with a lot of fun minute to win it games. Jackie was the champion at the COOKIE ON THE FACE game and then took on the role as coach for everyone. Funny that no - one beat her time though so she was declared CHAMPION. She had also donated 10,000 rupiah sounds alot but on $1.20 (funny story behind this) as the prize money so looks like she gets to keep it.

We have also enjoyed happy hour at the Padma and very cheap luches ($A50 for all 10 of us food and drinks)
some great dinners so far. Today Jackie, Alan, Greg, Viv, Mick and Sharon have gone off on a tour around the island and we will meet them at the beautiful Jimbaran Bay for dinner.

Any way I hope you enjoy the photos.

Love
Vickie


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



14th March 2011

FUN FUN FUN
Well Vic, Am back from the wilds of Tasmania. Had a great trip. Everything going well here. Glad you are not in Japan!!! Looks like you are all enjoying yourselves and will be back in a great mood (or maybe not as I am sure I dont want to be here). Enjoy the rest of your holiday and have a drink for me. Love to all - Bevie x x x
14th March 2011

Happy 50th John
We didn't know it was your 50th. If we did, we could have made the short trip to Bali for the weekend!!!!!!!!! Maybe not, but that sounds bloody good does it not. Many more happy and healthy ones John. Well kept secret Vicky. Wish we were with you, it looks like so much fun, and we Canucks like a fun time as you know.
14th March 2011

In Bali for 50th
Thanks for the comments, having a good time although the wet season is still going so a little wet. Getting around on a motorbike here is an experience, No Road Rage here. Would have been great if you guys were here. The surprise was great, expecting 6 to 8 people & our group is now 14. Keep in touch
15th March 2011

looks good
Happy 50th John wish we there to celebrate with you the photos look great so does the villas.
16th March 2011

Wish you were al here too, Anyway, another time we will get together over here. Thinking of you guys at these difficult times. Take Care - John & Vickie
19th March 2011

Shiiiiiiit old fella.
Happy 50th old fella. Old man mullos is now very fitting. Have a great holiday and enjoy, see ya when you get back to that dirty word called work.

Tot: 0.33s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0912s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb