Bintang & Uluwatu


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Uluwatu
January 12th 2014
Published: January 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Tip:

- we paid a guy to drive us to Uluwatu which cost us about £20 - according to the locals in Semenyak there are no public buses that go down to the area since there isn't much demand for local people to travel there.



We booked a nice, basic room at a house-stay using booking.com - it cost peanuts and there were tonnes of places to chose from - most of them hire mopeds and this is best way to get around Uluwatu - the roads are quiet so makes for a easy moped experience.

We took the moped up to Pura lahur temple - there are excellent views of the ocean and lots of cheeky little monkeys to laugh at. It's a bit of a tourist trap but it's worth seeing.

Head to Uluwatu beach to watch the best surfers do their thing. When you get there, go all the way down to the bottom, there's a myriad of shops that lead you to the entrance of the beach. You will spot a sign to Delphi Rock lounge. This has the best views of the surfers.

We went to Single Fin for sunset which is a surfer's hang out so expect to see a lot of bleach blonde surfer dudes and dudettes kicking back after a day of surfing.

If you fancy some surfing - Bingin beach seems to have easy waves for beginners/intermediates and some cool bars on the beach.

For food, go to Yeye's - not in the Lonely Planet, it is just off the main road. They served excellent local food, had beds to chill out on and did a good cuba libre until they ran out of rum! I had the seafood nasi goreng - which was great!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb