Lasy days in Indonesia


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Ubud
October 15th 2008
Published: October 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Greetings!
Again, we are slightly behind on blogging (it's new for us), so here's a quick catch-up.
Our last stop in Bali was Ubud, a small town in the middle of the country. We arrived late night with no place to stay, but easily managed to find a place after a while and settled in. Hungrier than a couple of hippos, we stopped at the first restaurant we saw-- Balina Lagoon--right across the street. Lucky us, this ended up being some of the best food we've had the whole trip, not to mention the least expensive! We ate there about four more times in the five days we were in Ubud. So good!
The following morning we decided to find a new place to stay. It actually worked out well, as we had a gorgeous view over rice fields. The next day we met the manager of a tour company that was located right down the road from our home stay. His name was "I Made" and it sounds like it is written. He hooked us up with some pretty sweet trips--White Water Rafting down one of the local rivers (Aeyung) and a sunrise trek to the top of Mt. Batu at 2 am to see the sunrise at 1770 ft. Both of the trips were really fun! We were only there for 4 days and off to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysa. We could have stayed longer if time would have allowed us, darn flights. We have included some pics from the fun we had in Ubud. We would highly recommend this stop to anyone who has some time to spare in Bali.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0173s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb