Dive a Shipwreck and Surf heaven in Bali


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Tulamben
July 29th 2008
Published: August 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sunrise At BromoSunrise At BromoSunrise At Bromo

Driven up by 60 jeeps we shared this great view with hundred other tourist or so.....but it was still great!!
Wow, wat a mistake to go on a Dolphin watching tour in Lovina.... we could have slept in at our third day at Bali, but we decided otherwise... so we ended up at six thirty early morning with 60 boats cramped around a couple dolphins. I guess i would not use my snorkle and mask and swim around here with the possibility of scaring the dolphins away and have left 59 other boats with angry people on it!!

Well our first couple days on Bali (Lovina) were quite alright, take it easy, go for a swim, read a bit, get a sun tan and have some drinks and some good food!!
The second day we drove around the north of bali on a motorbike and visited a great waterfall (Gigit) and enjoyed the scenery with rice fields, mountains, lakes and some temples!!
The evenings there were alright, hanging around in the bars were they played some live music , but why do most places have too many of the wrong kind of people! Almost everywhere you see some old bored looking westerners with too young balinese 'girlfriends', wel not my kind of people to have a chat with!!

Leaving Lovina behind we made our way to Tulamben, a town (read 6 dive resorts, couple restaurants and bars and few houses) An old american marine ship, the U.S. Liberty some 25 meters under the water made it the perfect place for a beatiful dive!
At Bromo we had met an old schoolmate of mine (Paul) and traveling with his friend who was a dive master we met up again in Tulamben! I was lucky they took me diving that same afternoon, and I had to see it was one of my better dives. Just so beatiful to see just the shapes of a ship but totally covered with coral and colourful fish swimming!
The next day Ann and I made both 2 dives together of which the second again at the U.S. Liberty and now we could both enjoy it!

I have been in Indonesia for over 3 weeks and still didn't made it to a beach with some decent waves to surf so we finally headed to Kuta to Surf, chill shop and enjoy the nightlife!
First day the waves where big and hard to surf.....but we had a good time spending in the ocean
The 4th day
Gigit FallsGigit FallsGigit Falls

We did a motorbike tour...and we found a perfect spot for relaxing and swimming
Ann took some private lessons and managed to stand up more frequently and now she is just riding every possible wave!
We spend 5 days of which 4 surfing (the other day we had to recover from the night before) and had a great time!
With only 5 days left of our holiday we took the plane to Kota Kinabalu Malaysia on our way to do some great diving!!
Later more about the diving


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Ann surfingAnn surfing
Ann surfing

Catching great waves at Dreamland beach Bali
Pro surfingPro surfing
Pro surfing

Or maybe this was the picture with Anneke surfing!!!!
Matt surfingMatt surfing
Matt surfing

Riding the waves at Kuta beach
Lovina BeachLovina Beach
Lovina Beach

A couple local kids playing on a boat with sunset


Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 66; dbt: 0.1046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb