Liberty Wreck Dive


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Tulamben
December 15th 2006
Published: February 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Strongest Women We've Ever Seen!Strongest Women We've Ever Seen!Strongest Women We've Ever Seen!

Three full tanks, and about 40 pounds of weight belts.
J was keen to scuba dive in Bali so he signed up for a wreck dive at the Liberty in Tulamben (on the northeast coast of the island). We were picked up from the hotel bright and early for a two and a half hour drive (each way) through the Balinese countryside to the dive site. The scenery was unreal with rice terraces, volcanos in the distance, and beautiful beaches. The dive was off a volcanic beach of large black rocks. When we arrived, several women greeted us at the van and proceeded to carry all of the dive gear down to the beach. Most impressive was that they carried 2 dive tanks each ON THEIR HEADS! Amazing. The wreck is just 30 meters offshore with the shallowest part of the wreck at 7-9 meters and the deepest part at 28-30 meters, which meant CM could easily swim out from shore and enjoy the wreck from the surface while snorkeling!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Rocky BeachRocky Beach
Rocky Beach

The Liberty wreck is just a short swim from shore.
J  & Dive BuddyJ  & Dive Buddy
J & Dive Buddy

The water was way too warm for a wetsuit (85 F), J didn't end up wearing it out.


Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb