Day 4 - Seminyak


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Seminyak
September 21st 2016
Published: September 22nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Lazy day today. Breakfast feast of fruit and home made pancakes then a swim. Decided today would be shopping then hopefully sunset at the beach. Chris C decided to stay at the villa while the rest eventually headed into town to wander the streets. The only one who knew why they wanted was Charlie. He was after some souvenirs for his school friends and wasn't stopping until they were bought.

Stopped at the first souvenir stall, they had what he wanted and some bargaining had him down from 100000 to 40000 rupiah in no time. Wanted to look at other places so said no thanks, next second it was 30000. Wandered off anyway to look at others.street very busy with taksi's and motorbikes. And also very hot and humid today. After a while we decided to get a drink. Good idea as the kids were feeling the heat. Refreshed we pushed on. Got cash for the ATM and had a good walk. No more souvenirs that met Charlie's criteria so headed back to the first dude.

Oh dear, the ones we had seen have gone. No problems, there were more around the corner which we would barter for and eventually get at a reasonable price. Stopped for lunch and the kids just watched the traffic go past. Lots of interesting sights on the move.

Got take away iced coffee and croissant for Chris and walked back to the villa. Swim to wash off the heat and sweat then got ready to go to KUDETA, a restaurant and bar on the beach to watch the sunset. Very overcast so not holding out too much hope. This place is huge. Security very strong checking out every vehicle trying to get in and eyeing all the foot traffic.

Find a table almost on the edge of the beach and order drinks. Lots of people here who have obviously been here all day. They have an infinity pool that anyone can use and access to the beach. Jessica wants to get Pippa's getting hair braided. Charlie finds out where this can be done so away they go. Bit of bartering and the price drops from 300k to 250k then finally 200k. Hair being done so Charlie decides he wants a henna tattoo. Ok, that is organised while we sit watching the sunset.

Eventually everyone back and braided, tattooed. Sit for a bit more then head off back into town for dinner. On the way we see the other side of Bali - the drunk tourists on bikes doing burnout so in the middle of the road - hmmmm. Even Charlie said they were idiots.

Pick a really nice place that does Thai, Vietnamese and Indonesian. Good food and a quiet place as well. Off home via the ATM again. Cash doesn't go too far when you have all the hair, tattoos and other bits happening. Eventually home and the kids are asleep very quickly. The adults aren't far behind.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb