Day 2 - Seminyak and environs


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Seminyak
September 20th 2016
Published: September 20th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Hears rain during the night but not much else. Woken up to the sounds of Pippa chatting. Thought she would sleep for ages but obviously not. Then heard our house maid, Ketut arrive so time to get up for breakfast that she is cooking for us. Luxury........ Walked out of our room and the day bed cushions were stacked on our balcony. The guard must have stacked them during the night before the rain came. Certainly didn't hear him at all, other than noticing the garden lights had been turned off.

All great and breakfast is lovely - all sitting around the table being fed very nicely. This breakfast was included and if we want more we have to pay - tough decision but guess what - payment done.....

Arranged a car and decided to head to some temples. First was Tanah Lot which also had a second one that I can't remember. Both on the ocean on rocky outcrops - amazing sights. People everywhere doing ceremonies, etc. stunning sights and interesting people.

Then we drove to the Royal temple and wandered around the grounds. Found butterflies and other animals then off to do lunch. The driver took us to a restaurant that was over rice paddies. Very nice meal and scenery. we were going to do a sunset beach dinner, but decided the kids had had enough. Told the driver to take us home, but this seemed to be a very circuitous route via Sanur, then Denpasar. Almost a Melbourne taxi driver circle, even though we were paying him a daily rate. Anyhoo, finally got back and hit the pool. Very nice.

Dinner in tonight, motorbike delivery man and pizzas. Pippa ate half her pizza then said she was done. Took her to bed and silence in 1 minute. No movevent since. Obviously now completely buggered. Pizzas eaten and off to bed, another big day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.411s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb