Bintang and moped racing


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Seminyak
April 8th 2012
Published: April 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Rachel has arrived!

In predictable fashion we went out on the town a fair few times over the last few days..... Today is the first day i have felt up to writing on this blog.

I was showing her around the area that i had been staying in for the past week, and took her to this specific bar on the beach called "La Vida Loca" turns out this bar has been all over the news in Auz because there was a shooting there 2 days before i arrived. I have been quieltly sipping my rum and cokes here for the whole week, compleatly oblivious.

We decided it would be a good idea to go wake boarding in Nusa Dua, after carfull consideration i have come to the conclusion that this sport is not for me! rach on the other hand is a compleate natural , she stood up first time and managed to stay up.

An evening of note: After a day of chilling on the beach and playing guitar with a local lifeguard we met one of Rach's friends from Auz, Josh. We went to this very posh bar called Potato Head. Quite a few cocktails later we decided to leave and go to another cheaper pub, for some reason none of us remembered to pay the bill and we left the establishment with a 3 million rupai bill...... oops.

In this new bar 'Cocoon' we drank a fair amount and i had lost one of my flip flops that i have had for 10 years (pretty upset about that) anyway, not sure how this came about bet the 3 of us hoped on the back of three seperate scooters and started raceing back to the hotel. i had a slightly slow start untill i realised that my remaining flip flop made a remarkably effective whip for my driver. needless tosay we were soon in the pole position and won the race! we have had some fun trying to recalling this night.

we are off into the mountains so i will write about this soon.

miss you all

David & Rach


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb