last post


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Seminyak
August 10th 2009
Published: August 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So it's been awhile and this is my last post before we head home tomorrow morning. Although I haven't written in over a week, I figured I better finish off the trip by writing something.

The last week has been a perfect ending to our trip (yes, despite the enticing prospects of becoming surfer bums and living in bali sipping banana milkshakes for the rest of our lives, we have decided to come home). From Sanur, we went back to Seminyak and Kuta beach. Although we had spent 5 days here previously, we needed to make up our surf lessons that we missed, and really you can never enjoy enough beach time. Over the last week we have taken advantage of many of the great restaurants that Seminyak has to offer, which has been really tasty.

Finishing our surf lessons was awesome. After three days of lessons we both improved a lot. Some of my best memories are from when both of us would try to catch the same wave. Sometimes one of us would get up, sometimes both of us would, and sometimes we would crash into each other. We ended up buying a cd of pictures that they take during the lessons and there are some really great pictures. We told the photographer we were going to buy the pictures after the second day, so we really hammed it up for the camera on the third day.

I can't believe that tomorrow we begin our journey home. We have had an unreal three months and I think it will be difficult for future life experiences to top this one. At dinner tonight we played "best and worst of South East Asia" where we tried to remember all the highlights, the not so high moments, and the surprises. We've both agreed that we learned more, saw more and took in more than we ever though possible. We also have memories and stories to last a lifetime. We both have social conversation and interview material to last us at least the next 10 years.

Although we're sad to leave, we're both excited to come home and ready to start our new adventures. Besides, we consoled ourselves by talking about where we'll travel to next. We did put everything on our avion visa, hurray for travel points! After our adventures in surfing, we want to hit the top ten surf spots in the world. We'll start by coming home and nourishing our bank accounts back to health before we make any big plans.

We now brace ourselves for 34 hours of travel time. We're flying into the past which is kind of cool. Our flight from Seoul to JFK gets in 5 minutes after it leaves.

Can't wait to see you all when we get home.

Lots of love,

Nicole/Poke/Coco
xoxoxoxo

Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb