bali part 2


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Seminyak
July 27th 2009
Published: July 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We've spent most of yesterday and today hanging around the pool at our hotel. The majority of our routine has rotated between sunbathing, napping, swimming and getting more drinks. It's the rough life, I know. Today I was reflecting that every single late night at the Sultan was absolutely worth it to be able to take in this little bit of Paradise.

The last couple of days have also been low key because we've spent both mornings going back to the clinic for follow-up on Adam's arm. The first day we initially went to the clinic (when he was prescribed the antibiotics), the abscess on his arm had not yet matured and they said that if it matured we should come back to have it cleaned out. The following day (yesterday), it did mature so we went back to the clinic to have it looked at again. The doctor cleaned out the abscess and packed it with gauze and antibiotic cream and told us to return today (which we did) for them to change the bandage. We are going back on Wednesday to have the bandage changed again and for them to re-evaluate.
Having the abscess cleaned out was really painful for Adam. The spot is right below his elbow where there is really soft tissue, so it's a lot more painful than the one on his shoulder. For those who have seen the movie "The Fourty Year Old Virgin", rewatch the scene where Steve Carrell gets his chest waxed for an accurate replay of Adam's reaction to having the wound cleaned. Thankfully it seems as though Dr. Jelly (we thought that was a funny name) seemed to have thick skin and didn't really seem to mind.

I have to say that today the wound is looking a lot better than yesterday and we are both really glad that we are in one place for a couple of weeks so that Adam is able to relax and give his body a chance to heal and so that we can get proper treatment for it. Today the doctor asked me if I was a doctor back home because I've been watching all the puss squeezing and wound picking so intensely while asking questions and giving Adam the verbal play by play. I told him that I wasn't a doctor but that two years worth of pediatric pain research and Adam's medical history were enough to mold a good advocate.

Despite our daily clinic visits we're still having a great time. The hotel where we are staying has drove us to the clinic each time (for free) which has been really nice. Yesterday an elderly couple, Anne and Chris from Australia, joined us on the car ride into town. They were the cutest little couple, joking about who was in charge and accusing each other of being "cunning". They reminded me of an Australian version of Nana and Grandpa. This morning at breakfast they wanted to hear all about Adam's progress and how our trip to the clinic was, very cute indeed.

Last night we had a new critter in our room... a gecko. The geckos in South East Asia make really shrill high pitched noises, so we could tell that one was in the room. We spent a good 20 minutes hunting around with a flashlight for it (we've only use the flashlight to search for critters, but I'm still glad we brought it). In the end, it escaped through a crack in our window. I'll take a gecko to a cockroach any day of the week.

Other news includes that I finally finished my book and since I have no more reading material I have started to listen to Outlander. I think I still have another 38 hours to listen to or something like that, but so far I'm really enjoying it. Also, although Adam could pour for the queen before we left on this trip, he has further refined his pouring skills. The antibiotics he's taking are more effective when you don't drink alcohol, so we have been drinking lots of tea. The spouts on all the teapots at our hotel are horrible as I haven't managed to pour a cup without spilling everywhere. Adam on the other hand, is a master. Very very exciting. I feel like a retired gran...haha.

Lots of love and more soon,

Nicole/Poke/Coco
xoxoxo






Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb