New Years Eve Balanese Style


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Seminyak
January 1st 2008
Published: January 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well it was balmy hot and we were going to a mexican restaurant on double six beach. There was 11 of us in total. We were planning to leave at about 10pm to get the girls to bed and then have a couple of beers.
I have never witnessed so much rain fall in such a short amount of time. Yeah, yeah I know its the rainy season but there was a huge storm with lightening and thunder. The front of the restaurant is open plan and due to the wind every one was rushing to the back of the restaurant to try and stay dry.
Due to all of this we ended up staying till half past midnight. Ellie didn't seem to mind cos she was dancing to the music. Aisha just fell asleep.
When we came out there was about 4 inches of water every where. Ellie had found a 50,000 rupiah note in the restaurant and had put it in her shoes for safe keeping. Due to this she was very reluctant to go in the puddles. We couldn't get to the car unless she walked through the water. She threw an absolute wobbler, I have never seen her shout and scream so much. We got to the car then got out of the car park and sat in it stationary for an hour. Chloe and I were lady boy spotting which was quite entertaining. We eventually got back to the house at 3am. When we arrived back there was a flood on the floor. The balcony at the top of the stairs has blinds which had let loads of water in and it had run down the stairs and created a small lagoon in the lounge.
It is quite bizzare but even after all of the entertaining situations it didn't seem to dampen our spirits.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb