Bali #2 and Singapore


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Nusa Lembongan
April 18th 2009
Published: April 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

March 24-27th
Stayed in Nusa Dua over Balinese New Year which involves 'quiet day' where everyone stays at home and does nothing!!! We had booked a large hotel for this reason as we didn't fancy doing nothing and having to eat crisps in our room for dinner!! At our hotel it was business as usual... the gym was open too so that was good. I won a free massage in the 'guess the weight of a melon competition' 5.125 and I guessed 5.1!!!!

March 28th -29th
Caught boat to Lembongan island- we got the speedboat by accident- it was the same price as the slower boat- there was some scam going on but we seemed to benefit from it. We ended up inMushroom bay which is not where we wanted to be originally but we found a nice place with bungalows and a swimming pool right on the bay. We ate at the restaurant in the hotel and one nearby which were good and cheap. It ended up being a realy good place to stay as there were a few Aussies staying as well and we all had dinner together on the 2nd night and a few beers. Mike went on a boat trip round the island with the Aussies - also did some snorkelling . We walked to another beach as well but mostly just chilled out at the bungalows.

March 30th
Caught the 7am public boat which was very basic but quite quick- 1hr. Arrived back on te mainland and stayed one night in same hotel in Sanur before getting flight to Singapore on the 31st. Arrived late afternoon in Singapore and caught MRT to our hotel.

April 1st
OUr hotel was ok and in a good part of town . Caught MRT to colonial district (saw Raffles)and walked up Orchard road. Felt much cooler than Bali.

April 2nd
Went to Bird Park- really good but very humid- it chucked it down when we left there. Went swimming in pool at hotel in afternoon. Had dinner at Bugis- completely vegetarian chinese restaurant - hoorah!

April 3rd
Had a day of internet and shopping for things like suntan lotion etc- found very good mall about 20 mins walk away. Went to Bugis hawker market for dinner on way to night Zoo which was excellent!!
April 4th

Cycled along the seafront - nice cool breeze. Had vegetarian Indian food for lunch but it didn't agree with us and we both just had chips in the evening and biscuits- well-balanced diet!!

April 5th
Went to buy bus ticket to Malaysia- couldn't find the bus station so ended up having lunch on hawker market in the midst of a huge thunderstorm . We were then looked after by Andy Tan and family who helped us find somthing to eat at the stalls and drove us to the ticket office!! Then not happy with that they drove us to Chinatown. We also had the embarrassment of not having enough money for the tickets so they had to lend us some then take us to the cash- point. They were so nice and saved us getting completely soaked!!

April 6th
Got taxi to bus station and caught 10 am bus to Mersing. Got boat to Tioman island after waiting around for about 3 hours!!! It was dark when we arrived at the island. We found somewhere to stay but the staff were so hopeless and ignorant we vowed to move the next day!!

April 7th
Found much nicer room for only 2 quid more. Nice people running it too.Walked to Tekek village about 2k away - not very nice - just a building site for new marina. Went on beach later in afternoon and saw English couple Mark and Sue whom we had chatted to on journey the previous day. the sea was really warm.Had the best grilled fish in the evening and sat with Mark and Sue at restaurant.

April 8th
Did very little- Mike cycled to Tekek - went to beach. Saw 6ft monitor lizard on beach in afternoon. Went to get camera from room and it sped out in front of me on the path!!! I jumped about 10ft in the air even though I knew it was about. There were also monkeys on the island and they were quite well behaved!!
April 9th
Walked down to Berjaya resort and went to beach there. Rained a lot on our walk back and for the rest of the afternoon.
April 10th
Mike got up to go jungle trekking but the guide wasn't well from touching a plant sp it was cancelled. Went to different beach. Then had beers at sunset but there was always cloud on the horizon so not that good a view.
April 11th
Rained in the morning, went to beach later on.
April 12th
Waited ages for the midday boat which ended up coming at 2pm. We were stopped by maritime police and also had to stop to transfer soem people who had got on the wrong boat!! We stayed in Mersing one night and caught 7.15 am bus to Melaka.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb