Another kind of Indonesia... Bali


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Legian
May 21st 2012
Published: May 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We had been excited about this one and here we are....!

Yes, we talk about Bali, and for us it's another kind of Indonesia ( until now we can only compare with Sumatra ).

People are more of the world here, especially the hawkers on the beach whom approach you to sell their stuff, no thank you no thank you no no no ! Lots of them speak a bit of English and luckily the nice thing is that they are still very friendly...

Living standards are higher, we've seen some real poor villages driving through Sumatra.

What really puts us in a good mood is the climate; so far temperatures have been really perfect and humidity has dropped so much compared to Sumatra and Malaysia, 😊 In Kota Bahru for example we just lost all energy and lust to explore the city just because of the heat and humidity,so that we returned to the hostel to rest instead.

Anyway, we choose to stay a few days in the South before exploring Bali a little bit and heading North. We found a cheap accomodation by Legian beach, just a few minutes walk from the beach. When we arrived it was late evening and our first impression was not wow... So touristy, this was just one huge touristy place with thousands of tourist shops one after the other and little restaurants. Well, we had a bed again and this time there was also a pool and the kids love that!

All in all we had a good relaxing 3 days in Legian. The hotel was basic but nice and there was a laid back atmosphere, young people on a budget travel, just like us 😊 Food was actually good and we were surprised about the ok prices. Beer got cheaper as well ( IDR 25.000 ) Sometimes we wonder how a Belgian beer would taste like...

One must speak the truth, it may be a very touristy place, but the beach that runs a few kilometers from Kuta and further to Legian is magnificent. The beach is long, very wide and clean, not even too crowded, and the sea is just marvellous for a surfer to catch the perfect wave. Unfortunately it's not the perfect swimming place for little kiddies like ours ( Liv just manages to swim ). We had fun though, we took the kids by turn into the water and held them by their hand and challenged the waves. Only Ask understood ( for once) that this was probably too tricky for him and he kept himself busy on the beach.

Sunset should be amazing here but the one we saw was not spectacular, I guess that was just bad luck.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb