Dolphins


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Legian
March 2nd 2011
Published: April 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

2nd

Regurgitator – Don't Go to Sleep blasted from my mobile phone, 7am. Bloody hell. I still haven’t changed that. I swore in Vietnam I would change it.
It was time to get ready and have breaky. I have organised a dolphin encounter for us this morning off the coast of Sanur. Miss G did this last trip in 2009 and loved it. Miss C and I are keen to experience the encounter ourselves.
We got picked up at 9am by the dolphin lodge and off we went to Sanur , had a quick talk about what you can do and what you can't do and a cold bottle of water . Into the boat and off we went to a pontoon and begun our encounter . Pluto was our dolphins name, a boy . This is a truly amazing experience , the interaction was wonderful and the trainer/carer Andy and Pluto had us all giggling . Andy was great he explained a lot about the dolphins and told us how Pluto was let loose for a swim in the ocean but always returned . We spent about 40 minutes in the water with Pluto . And upon our return to shore they gave us a towel so we could shower and another free drink , either tea , coffee , fizzy drink or water . This was well worth the money , but book before you arrive as this is very popular and they only put on a limited number of tours a day .
It was time to get some shopping done , off to Turika’s shop in Melasti art market . It was shut , I found out she had a ceremony to attend today , so we grabbed a cab and headed towards Kuta and to Jenny’s shop . Which can be found just past Bali Rani Hotel same side , just lookout for a shop with No Bullshit Bargaining on the front door . Fixed price and air conditioned , my kind of shopping quick and easy.
Dinner was across the road from the hotel and upstairs above a shop and Internet cafe . Nasi goreng and chicken Satay , very yummy and great service as always . And cheap 30 to 40 000 rp for the meal and about the same for 2 bintangs .
Ummmmm 8pm better get to sleep , my ride will be here at 130 am to pick me up . Selamat malam (good night)


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb