Pushkar > Lepur > Darbuth


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
March 30th 2011
Published: March 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After raving it up in the non-alcohol, non-drug and non-egg paradise of Pushkar, we headed towards Lepur in order to take a break from the madness. Post ‘Winter Whiskey’ and a couple of hard earned Queenhunter’s (the preferred beverage among most Indian citizens), we travelled to ‘Lepur Bunk’, which was basically an extremely less exciting version of the ‘Great Wall of China’.

The top of the Bunk was distant - thus we chose to travel via the camel. Although not the most relaxing and cosy form of transport – the overall experience was unbelievable. There wasn’t much to do in Lepur - and after an evening watching a game of football (Brazil vs. Argentina) in our hotel and trying in vain to mirror the skills with a bottle cap - it was a relief to leave.

We hitched towards Darbuth (I say ‘hitched’ – we pulled some cabs) - a region famed for its unique wildlife experience. However, with only a few days booked and nothing occurring, things weren’t looking up from Lepur.

We did eventually find a sweet little playing field and a group of keen Indian lads playing football - and after giving them a credible 8-0 hammering on the pitch a local chef persuaded us to walk a kilometre to the nearest supermarket to buy a few cricket balls. With an inexpert team, we accepted the Indians were going to embarrass us. However, with Chutney in pinnacle form, Gina firm behind the bat, Chris 'The Wickerman' Featherstone (I'll make this clear later haa...) displaying a number of stunning catches and Nick 'Chutney 2.0' Williams wicket keeping like Steven Davies - we thrashed the Indians at their own pastime, winning forcefully over two innings.

As you can guess - the after-party was rough - possibly a tiny bit too much so. We encountered our opening injury of the expedition as Chutney tripped on a curb and knocked two teeth out in the procedure. Fair play to the lad though, he took it all on the chin.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb