The adventure begins


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
October 20th 2010
Published: October 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Landing in Delhi was not half as scary as I thought it would be. The airport has been recently renovated due to the Commonwealth games and it looks modern and safe. Most importantly, I was not assaulted by people offering to ride me into town, but that's because I had uncle and auntie Rao (a friend's relative) waiting for me at the gate and escorting me safely to their car.
First we went to meet some more relatives of them, then we had some lunch in Subway of all places - though the menu is Indianised and is a bit different from what you have in the UK - and finally we did some sightseeing before the jetlag got the best of me and I fell asleep in the car.
My first impression of Delhi is not so great. The weather is grey and sticky. Even though it's only around 25 degrees I've been sweating like a pig. There are a few interesting buildings but they're all scattered around and overall the city appears to be ugly and grim. But I guess it is far too early to make a final judgement on the place. A lot more exploring needs to be done. It'll have to be tomorrow though. Today I am far too jetlagged to do anything other than sleeping, eating, drinking cofeee and learning about Indian history and culture from my lovely host.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb