Rishifresh


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttarakhand » Rishikesh
April 23rd 2007
Published: April 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Back in the city.

The ashram was beautiful.

7 days in a jungle paradise on the Ganga. Private beach, great food, better yoga, beautiful gardens, and even more beautiful people. Complete peace and quiet 5 miles from the nearest shop, computer, or mob of obnoxious hippies.

This environment allowed us to progress amazingly fast at our yoga, and fostered some great friendships with really cool people. We had two birthday parties during the week - bonfires, great guitar and drum jams, singing, dancing, and even a sitar show. Out of 25 people, we had 7 Canadians, 6 of us from Vancouver. One has been playing sitar for five years and has offered to teach me everything he knows about it. Two others have been travelling with an obscenely wealthy couple from New Zealand who have paid their way for the last month. Their private driver has driven us around, and they even paid for us to go whitewater rafting and cliff jumping with them today. Very generous.

I just had a recurrence of amoebic dysentery, just when I thought I was in the clear. This time I went to see an ayurvedic doctor. After only two days of naturopathic medicine, controlled diet, and rehydration salts, I feel the healthiest that I have in the last 3 months!

Thats about all for now. Only three more weeks in India...see you all soon...crazy...

Namaste.

Advertisement



28th April 2007

wow crazy, 3 weeks left in india. i'm going to be so excited when you guys come back hoem and we'll have a big celebration when you finially arrive. Danica, sorry i missed you on msn. Been thinking about you guys and hoping that the rest of the trip will go smoothly. You'll be back home before ya know it. take care of yourselves guys.

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0698s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb