Agra


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
January 20th 2008
Published: January 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Agra via the Shabtabi Express and experienced our first cycle-rickshaw, which is safe to say a lot slower and less comfy than the auto-rickshaws. After checking in to the hostel we visited Agra Red Fort, built almost 1,000 years ago. After the Fort, we headed straight for Agra's star attraction, the Taj Mahal.

The Taj Mahal was built by the king to honour the death of his wife. Only two years after completion of the Taj, the king was usurped by his son and imprisoned in the Fort, where he could only look at the Taj from a distance.

We must have spent 3.5 hrs admiring the Taj from different angles and experienced it at sunset. It truly is an amazing place, very peaceful and no photo can do it justice.

Next stop, Jaipur... (the pink city)


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



22nd January 2008

Pics
Great pics Chris/Liam and we love reading your detailed commentary - keep them coming - isn't this T'internet thingy wonderful? MaD
23rd January 2008

Spurs are on their way to Wembley!
Alright boys, just a quickie to say hello - looking forward to Feb 16th! I'm too many excited don't you! By the way, Duck, if you missed the Carling Cup 2nd Leg last night, you might want to look away now: Spurs 5 - 1 Arsenal (Spurs win 6-2 on aggregate) Take it easy, see you soon!
30th January 2008

Lucky buggers! Chris your head fits perfectly in the front of the Taj. Very jealous

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb