No Delhi belly...........yet


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
January 19th 2008
Published: January 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Photo 1Photo 1Photo 1

Mine & Liams first curry... Yummy!!
We've been in Delhi for 3 days now and to be quite honest, this place is crazy! Its amazing how quickly you get used to it though. Taxi/rickshaw rides can be pretty traumatic at times as the highway code as we know it is generally ignored and chaos is the preferred norm. To put things into context, Delhi has a population of 17 million (almost 3 times that of London).

We have spent the last 2 days touring the sites of the city with our own private rickshaw driver, whose services were rendered for 6hrs a day at the princely sum of 9 pounds!!

Highlights of our tour include Delhi's Red Fort, Jama Masjid (the biggest mosque in India), Lotus Temple, Ghandi's house and the site of his assasination, and Humayun's Tomb.

Of course, we cannot forget the culinary delights of the city. We've been to several restaurants so far but we're still not brave enough to try the street food yet!

We leave Delhi at 6am tomorrow morning, heading to Agra by train. Here we will visit the Taj Mahal before heading to Jaipur on Monday.

Hope all is well in the UK and its
Photo 1Photo 1Photo 1

The view from the top of our Hotel in Delhi
not tooooo cold (its a sunny 21C here).

Liam & Chris

p.s. the computers at the hostel can't handle photos but hope to post some soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Photo 8Photo 8
Photo 8

India Gate
Photo 14Photo 14
Photo 14

India's biggest Mosque
Photo 15Photo 15
Photo 15

Red Fort
Photo 17Photo 17
Photo 17

Lotus Temple


21st January 2008

Monsoons in UK
I'm glad the weather's good. It maybe OK there but it's the monsoon season here with no sign of letting up. Liam your desk is now ocupied as of today....so you might as well stay out there. Are the Indians still celebrating beating the Aussies?...a great result!

Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.05s; cc: 15; qc: 53; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb