The majesty of the Taj Mahal!


Advertisement
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
November 18th 2007
Published: November 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone! It is now 8:30 p.m. in Agra, India. We've had a very full day and I am so happy to have my fellow tour leaders creating the blog with me tonight. Since I have high-speed, wireless in my room, we no longer have to resort to sitting in a bar, or in the business center, ha ha! Now, we write in comfort...........enjoying a glass of wine and comaraderie. (the wine did not come from the... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Sad times, sad thoughts (last year)Sad times, sad thoughts (last year)
Sad times, sad thoughts (last year)

This photo is on the cover of my book that I am holding in the next picture. Who knew, at the time, that I'd be back a year later?????!!!!! (Thanks, Ben!)
Happy times this year!Happy times this year!
Happy times this year!

With my book, "Who Am I Now?"......in happier times. You can order the book through my website! It's really good.......
Hey, there's the crew from our airplane!Hey, there's the crew from our airplane!
Hey, there's the crew from our airplane!

They're our touring around also! Carroll and I joined them in this photo.
The women work hard!The women work hard!
The women work hard!

and check out her primitive tools!
Honey, would you pick up some fresh meat on your way home from work?Honey, would you pick up some fresh meat on your way home from work?
Honey, would you pick up some fresh meat on your way home from work?

Look closely behind the "taxi" and see the fresh meat hanging there! Yikes......
At the carpet factoryAt the carpet factory
At the carpet factory

This carpet is 9 x 12; it took 2 1/2 years to make - 4 people working on it - $8,900.00 U.S.!!!
Public transportation........Public transportation........
Public transportation........

(and we complain so much about what we have.......)
The morning newspaperThe morning newspaper
The morning newspaper

The irony of the headlines on the front page ........the Spice Girls, and the tragedy of a young lady being whipped in Saudi Arabia.........geez!
Betty Legenhausen Betty Legenhausen
Betty Legenhausen

In her beautiful custom-made Punjab (sp???), in the gorgeous lobby of our hotel
A relaxing evening at the hotelA relaxing evening at the hotel
A relaxing evening at the hotel

Look who I found, as I was heading back to my room!



18th November 2007

thanks for the pics
Thanks for all the pictures of Dawn and John today. They look very happy and not too exhausted.
18th November 2007

WOW Brenda
Cannot believe what you have seen and done in such a short time---amazing. I just spent the afternoon going through Pat's incredible blog. So glad I signed on. It is easy to see you are all having the time of your life. Our next lunch will be a long one. Love, Sue and Ray.
19th November 2007

Hi happy Pat and the rest of the travellers
Hi Pat! I love the pictures and the stories. Thank you for being so faithful about your blogging. It is wonderful to be able to keep in touch with you via this medium. The picture at the Taj Mahal with you holding your book is just as I imagined. You look happy, healthy and energetic. I love the "team" blouses that you got for five dolla! They look cool and comfortable and very fashionable with the big buttons. It is hard to believe you are half way through your trip but I'm loving every minute of it as I know you are. I look forward to the next installment in your life journey. Keep happy!
19th November 2007

Amazing
Wow....following along is amazing, I wish I was there with all of you. What an experience!!!! Maybe if I'm a good girl next year Ben will take me along, or maybe I can fit in someone's suitcase....lol Keep enjoying and having your trip of a lifetime!!
19th November 2007

Back at the Taj Mahal
Hi Pat: These pictures, as you know, are near and dear to my heart. Love the picture from last year as well. It is like being there again. Sounds like you are having a great time. Enjoy! Hi to Ben, Carl and the other leaders too. Lorraine (blue group 2006)

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb