Delhi to Agra


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
August 17th 2005
Published: August 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Taj MahalTaj MahalTaj Mahal

It's a cliched shot but irresistible when you're actually there.
Well helllloooooooooooooo.......

I wasn't expecting us to have a new travelblog so soon after our last, but here we are.

We have just spent five days in Delhi and Agra and have taken so many photos that we decided that we would share some with you. One thing I can tell you is that both Delhi and Agra were complete chaos - just on different levels. Delhi has around 10 million people living there whilst Agra has around 1 million. However, they are both jungles of people, dogs, cows, flies and smells - which are quite often pretty nasty. Both are made up of buildings which have no rhyme or reason and seem to be crumbling at the seams. In complete contrast, both have spots which can only be defined as havens in a world of madness, poverty and a fair bit of grime. These spots are places of tranquility, serenity and compared to the cities themselves - complete calmness.

We have been having many funny experiences and meeting a lot of interesting people. However, that's not what this blog is about. It's about the places we've visited such as Humayun's Tomb, Jama Masjid, Qutub Minar and the
A star is bornA star is bornA star is born

Charlotte and I seemed to be more popular than the Taj itself. All the Indians there wanted pictures with the white people in them.
Old Fort in Delhi. Then there's the Taj Mahal - definately a wonder and completely stunning.

So enjoy the photos and we'll get back to you in a few weeks to let you know about Rajasthan and the sights and sounds that we are experiencing here (quite a lot so far!!!). Bye for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Touching the TajTouching the Taj
Touching the Taj

Okay, we were there for five hours. We could only gaze at its beauty for so long and then had to entertain ourselves.
Try to RelaxTry to Relax
Try to Relax

The gardens are the best part of the complex. Quiet and peaceful despite the hundreds of people milling about.
India GateIndia Gate
India Gate

In Delhi. The tour bus we paid for only stopped for two minutes. Long enough to stand in the middle of the road and take this shot.
Qtub MinarQtub Minar
Qtub Minar

One of the more popular sites in Delhi. No one is quite sure how this iron post made its way to the complex. But if you stand with your back to it and wrap your arms around it good luck will come your way.
Qtub Minar againQtub Minar again
Qtub Minar again

Mike holding up the archway.
And AgainAnd Again
And Again

Pillared hallway near the front garden of Qtub Minar.
The RearviewThe Rearview
The Rearview

This is a familiar sight everywhere in India.
Little DonkeyLittle Donkey
Little Donkey

Charlotte couldn't resist snapping this fellow.
Humayun's TombHumayun's Tomb
Humayun's Tomb

A precursor to the Taj Mahal. This one on a much smaller scale in the middle of Delhi.
Jami MasjidJami Masjid
Jami Masjid

The view from the tower of mosque in old delhi.


17th August 2005

Good Luck?
So the question is did you actually stand with your back to the iron pole and put your arms round it????
17th August 2005

I envy you !
Stumbled into your blog and I truly envy you. Perhaps your blog and pictures will help me convince my wife. I'm currently in Scotland with my son and 2006 will be Turkey with my wife. I look forward to more of your pictures. Thanks
17th August 2005

Super photos
I stumbled upon your blog and had to browse because I've never been to India and would love to go some day. Thanks for sharing. Your photos are amazing.

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb