Trek by Sam and Harry


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Tirunelveli
July 30th 2012
Published: July 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

We woke up at 1:30am for the 7 hour journey to Hill Station. After lots of sleeping and a few short stops we arrived. It was much cooler and the surroundings were lovely, green and picturesque. After a short break to settle in and enjoy some breakfast we jumped back on the bus to head off for our trek. It took just over two hours and the views were amazing from the view point called Dolphins Nose Point at 4500 ft. It was strange to think that the sights we were witnessing were in India. After the walk we had lunch and a rest then headed out on a shorter walk round the town finishing up in a Domino's where everyone tucked into pizza. Everyone was really tired and were all asleep by 9:30.

After a good sleep and breakfast we were back on the buses and heading out to various viewpoints. We visited 4 different locations which had spectacular views and a lot of mischevious monkeys who attempted and sucesfully relived Annie of her water bottle. On the way back we had a short stop off for some shopping and a few of the group purchased some local handmade chocolates. We returned for lunch then headed back on the long journey to Tirunelveli.

Everyone enjoyed the trek and the change in climate and surroundings.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb