Err Monsoon?


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Pondicherry
October 29th 2011
Published: October 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So, firstly I need to make an apology to the people of India. As soon as i stepped out of the internet place in Varanasi we saw women sat next to a body crying their eyes out. It appears that to cry at the ghat is bad Karma and this is why the women are not present at the burning.

Since leaving Varanasi we got a 28 hour train to Hyderabad. The journey wasnt too bad, we were the only white people there again but it left and arrived pretty much on time so we couldnt complain! The next day we walked around the park and visited the free health museum as we couldnt really be bothered with too much sightseeing that day. Im glad we didnt have to pay to get in as looking at the pickled unborn babies in big jars (Joined twins and god knows what else), plus pickled body organs including a human brain made us feel pretty sick!!

That night we got a 14 hour train to Chennai where we then stayed for 3 nights. It was so hot the first day that walking around anywhere was hard work. This was then the monsoon started. We hadnt realised that in this region it was going to rain! In fact, it flooded. All the indian men put plastic bags on their heads. They are just so cool!

From Chennai we got a bus to Mamallpuram- otherwise know as "Backpakistan". This was a great journey as the bus got a flat tyre and of course they dont carry a spare one- that would just be stupid huh!! All the indians got out and tried to hitch lifts. Luckily there were 3 french people on the bus too so we were able to share a taxi type thing with them! standing on the side of the road in the rain was not much fun!
We visited Krishna's butter ball (A massive rock perched on the side of stone) and other little temples. We also spend an afternoon at the beach (when it wasnt raining) where Danny made friends with an extremely friendly cow!

We got a bus from there to Pondicherry which is very French. I like it hear as you can eat pizza, pasta and pastrys!! It is quite a bit more expensive though but worth it! there is a lovely beach front the walk along. We are staying at an Ashram hotel- no drinking, smoking or drugs allowed. There are lots of lovely little saying posted everywhere e.g. "Be nice to people who drink and smoke, as they wont be around us for long!" It has really made us laugh!!

We plan to leave here tomorrow by bus for Madurai.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb