Day 6


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Mudumalai
December 27th 2014
Published: December 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Day 6
Today we leave Munnar. It is a 6am alarm, for a 6.30 leave. We decided to go to the reception a bit early to allow time for last minute Facebook and messages whilst we still have wifi. Tom and I aimed to get some breakfast before leaving, this task didn't prove to be easy! The restaurant didn't open for ten minutes, the guy really struggled with us wanting to pack up bread and go! Although we got there in the end!
We have the pleasure of a 200k drive which will take about 9 hours. In UK, that seems a bit strange, but the
reason it takes that long is because of the very narrow, winding mountainous roads. We are heading for Mudumalai where we have a jeep safari booked at 4.30pm. On the way, we drove through Anamalai Tiger Reserve, we only saw monkeys, Jallipatty, Mettupalayam, Aravenu, Kotagiri, Perar, Pykara, Naduvattum, Gudalur, Thorapally,, Masinagudi to name just a few that I noticed in English! It was a hard journey, looking at the landscape can only maintain your interest for a while, certainly not nine hours. Therefore, I slept out of boredom, but you ti, can only do that for so long, you end up feeling queasy. I was pleased when it was over! It actually took over ten hours by the the we arrived at the hotel.
We are the very first Westeners to ever stay at this hotel. They were worried about taking us in!
We had a bit of a rest then went on a night safari through Mudumalai Tiger reserve. Sadly we didn't see see anything, but it was a good experience.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb