Kodai


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Kodai
October 12th 2011
Published: October 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Kodaikkanal 10th -12th October


Stopped off at Dingidul to look at another Rock Fort then on up into the mountains to Kodai. Had a 34 km climb up through a sort of rainforest to get there. After 5 minutes the heavens opened and it poured with rain all the way up a very windy, not to say dangerous, road (which we have to go back down). David had been saying all along that it would be cold up here. I was hoping for just cool. Well it is very cool and damp..... no WET!!.We won't bother buying warm clothes, it isn't that bad and what we have we can layer but the Indians are buying beany hats and ear warmers and putting babies in balaclavas lol !!!!
Bet it is really beautiful here when the sun shines. We walked the 5kms around the very nice lake on Tuesday evening and after about 2km it started to pour down. Thank goodness for the sun/rain umbrella.Wednesday Muthu took us to see the sights and views which when the thick mist cleared was quite spectacular. High peaks and terraces, very lush and green and some fabulous huses and hotels. Talking of which ours is very nice!
The high season here is April/ May when people come up from the lower levels to escape the intense heat.mmmmmm.It is located in the Western Ghats which TN shares with Kerala but no tea plantations here.
++++Lots of monkies,cool, no temples to speak of, lots of crafty type shops, home made chocolate and oilsand spices.----- Shame about the rain and cloud.
Heard later that they had torrential rain and flooding after we left so maybe we were lucky after all.



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Lady RocksLady Rocks
Lady Rocks

Well they are there somewhere.
The Botanical Gardens KodaiThe Botanical Gardens Kodai
The Botanical Gardens Kodai

There is a lady in there somwhere


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb