The Southernmost tip of India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Kanyakumari
May 12th 2008
Published: May 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The tipThe tipThe tip

Me standing on the southernmost tip of the Indian subcontinent.
The Tip: The geographical shape of India makes its southernmost tip very well defined and is the place of confluence of 3 major water bodies: the Bay of Bengal, the Arabian Sea and the Indian Ocean. What's interesting is that you can see the three different colors of the water.

The Sun: One of the main attractions here was to see the sunset ans sunrise. People were a little too excited about those, I didn't really see what the fuss was about, it was the same sun and the same sunrise to me. The rooftops were full of people of waiting for the sunrise in the morning, they waited with cameras and binoculars (not the smartest thing to do), and when the sun finally came up people actually clapped! I thought it was overrated. For me the fact that I was standing at the edge of India was the real thrill, I can't even imagine what the tsunami would have looked like from there.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The OceansThe Oceans
The Oceans

Can you see two different colors in the water?
RooftopsRooftops
Rooftops

People waiting for the sunrise.
The sunThe sun
The sun

tada!
Just off the coastJust off the coast
Just off the coast

You can take boats to visit these two islands, something like the statue of liberty.


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb