Day 12 - TopSlip


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Coimbatore
August 12th 2008
Published: September 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Woke up early for our trek into the forest. Everyone backed out except Heather, Becca and me. Our guide came to our rooms and took us straight into the forest. We were warned by him that there will be Leeches due to the rain. The weather was horrible, wet and nasty. We trek'ed about 6KM into the forest and saw few Bison's, Deer's, Monkey and wild boars.

We had tough time with Leeches since we had to stop every 15 to 20 minutes on a rock to check and remove the leeched from the shoes. There were ton of them on Becca's shoes. I got bitten by a few and bleeding for a while.

Came back to the base camp where everyone was ready for our breakfast. We had breakfast and checked out to goto Parambikulam dam.

Parambikulam dam is a small dam that is inside Kerela forest and maintained by Tamil Nadu govt. We got special permission thru my uncles for a "Dam" tour.

After Parmbikulam we went straight down to Coimbatore. We stopped at Pollachi Sakthi hotel for some Chai. I met my friend Mahalingam at his SP Hotel after 14 years.

Arrived Coimbatore in the afternoon and spent rest of the day in unpacking and washing our clothes.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb