Day 11 - TopSlip


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Coimbatore
August 11th 2008
Published: September 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Got up early in the morning took some nice picture and waited for the rest of the gang to show up on the deck. Our breakfast was served at 7:30AM sharp. We had Idiyappam, Egg Curry, Elai Ada (Sweet), bread butter and Jam. We were taken back to the place where we boarded our boat to Coconut lagoon. Balu was waiting for us to take us to our next destination Topslip.

It was supposed to be a 4.5 hrs ride to Topslip but due to bad whether the ride took us more than 6 hrs. My Dad and his friends were waiting for us in Anamalai with some bad news. Most of the cottages at Topslip was booked at the last minute by some Minister's son and we had only 2 rooms and a dorm left for all of us.

When we arrived Topslip after 45 minutes we had only one Bison House room and wait for couple of hours to get the second one. There was so much bureaucracy going on, I believe that's how it works in a Govt controlled environment.

After checking in we made reservations for our early morning treaking and elephant ride. We were told that elephant ride might get canceled due to bad weather. Most of us were very disappointed because I included Topslip in our travel plan specifically for the elephant ride.

We went into the forest in a crazy truck to see the elephant feeding. When we reached the spot most of the elephants were fed and returned into the forest. Some how they managed to get one elephant and showed us how they feed them. We took some closeup pictures with elephants.

We came back to the guest house and went for Dinner. We had to order for food in Topslip and we need to buy Chicken or Mutton if we need them to cook for us. My dad and his friends bought some chicken and asked the chef to prepare a spicy and a non spicy version for us. We had Chapati, chicken curry, Rice, Rasam and some Sambar.

After the meal rest of the gang went to bed while I went to have few drinks with my dad's friends.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb