Coimbatore - no tourists


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Coimbatore
February 29th 2008
Published: April 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

No tourists come here, or at least not that many.

No attractions, or at least not that many.

We came with no expectations either, or at least with little.

Most of the times when that happens you are in for a pleasant surprise. It was not much different this time. Although there are not that many things to see and do in the traditional sense. The people are lovely in this part of India and to observe a little bit of daily life is more interesting then it sounds.

Have you ever been to a little coffee shop in Coimbatore town and snacked amongst the locals?.. Not only the coffee is great, but the snacks are delicious and we could hardly get ourselves to stop ordering more and more.

Of course there is no luxury involved, simple tables and seats, the shop half in the open. But locals come in and out and have their little coffee breaks. They look at us surprised, as they clearly don't see anybody else then their own people sitting down here. Once they realize we are enjoying the food as much as they do, they start to smile and make small talk,within the language barriers.

Of course the festival with the Chariots was interesting and the hill stations near by are a common trip to get away. Some of the temple visits were memorable as well and the visit to the Isana Meditation centre. The nicest memories however I have thinking about our daily snacking in the coffee shops close to the city mosque amongst the locals.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0863s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb