End of India, and IPL


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Chennai
April 3rd 2010
Published: April 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello,

The end of our stay in India was fantastic, capped by going to the IPL. After our stay in Kerala, we went to the Periyar Wildlife sanctuary, in Kumily. We were meant to be able to see a lot of wild animals in their natural habitat - but we just saw monkeys again! They didn't attack me this time, but they were attacking each other! We went on a boat around the lake, but didn't see much. We also walked around the forest, by day and by night. It was really peaceful and relaxing. The time in Kumily was finished by watching some magnificent Keralan marshall arts - and they were doing some pretty dangerous stuff. After Kumily we took another horror bus to Trivandrum, another bus driver who was adament on speeding round corners on mountain tops, whilst overtaking other buses, crazy people. We stayed in Trivandrum just one night, where we had a flight to Chennai the next morning.

The reason why we went to Chennai was to watch the IPl, but we had no tickets. The guesthouse owner we had in Allepey said he knew someone who could get us tickets. So after waiting half the day for a phone call, it finally arrived. We had to get a tuk tuk, to get us to our meeting point. We were driving around Chennai for 1 hour looking for this place. Eventually we got the tickets, got to the ground, and soaked up the amazing atmosphere for a couple of hours before the start. It turned out to be the game of the tournament (so far). IPL was incredible, it means so much to the people, and they are so passionate about every delivery which is bowled. They live for cricket, and the IPl was a fantastic way to end India - next stop, Sri Lanka!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb