1 month at the Ramachandra Hospital


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Chennai
March 29th 2007
Published: March 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Dedicated to Jaspreet Singh Laly - RIP!

My placement finally ended after 4 weeks of invaluable experience at the Sri Ramachandra Hospital. During my rotation on General Medicine, i met some great people whom i will surely maintain contact with.

Special thanks must go to Dr Sujatha, Dr Rupesh and Dr Bala.

Dr Sujatha, the assistant chief, was always willing to teach, and she made sure i viewed the wide variety of clinical cases accountable in Chennai.

Dr Rupesh is probably the most intelligent doctor i've ever met. He's still a PG doctor, yet he can quote most medical textbooks and journals whilst maintaining great humility. His desire is to work in Chandigarh, Punjab, which has an internationally acclaimed medical institution. I'm sure i'll meet Dr Rupesh one day, whilst on future travels to the Punjab.

As for Dr Bala...Legend. He's the junior PG. We would often joke throughout the ward rounds and clinics, whilst still learning throughout. Bala came out for drinks at the Zara Tapas Bar also, where he joined Moses and I.
His father is a consultant cardiologist and he's held in high regard throughout India. Bala has a tough act to follow, though i'm sure he'll accomplish his aspirations. I would like to show Bala around London if he gets the opportunity to travel to the UK, and he knows there's always an open invitation.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb