Not sure what day this is


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan
February 11th 2014
Published: February 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

When I last made an entry I think we were on our way to jodhpur after leaving Bikaner.

Some facts which are interesting. In Bikaner our hotel was 10 pounds a night, but did not include breakfast.

In Jodhpur breakfast of porridge, banana and honey, for 2 was 95 pence. A meal in the evening with a couple of drinks has been round about 10 pounds for 2.

On leaving Bikaner we came across a massive camel fair, selling everything to do with camels. If you wanted to buy one it was around 280 pounds. Need a large garage to keep it in.

The hotels we have been staying in have been reasonable good, but always with some drawbacks. Either the shower lacks Umph, (It has always been hot), the staff are incredible slow, the sheets on the bed are not quite large enough for the bed (which in all cases have been huge). The meals are adequate to keep us alive, and sometimes pretty good, but not up to 5 star standard. The food we have had off street stalls has been excellent and the best overall.

To day we have arrived in Udaipur and have a hotel right beside the lake and a view. Tomorrow we have a boat trip and a walk around another palace. We have seen enough temples for a life time.

Our car and driver have been great. He has shown us things that other tourists miss. We have bought large amounts of sweets and had this out to children as we pass through country villages. Sometimes they rush to the car in hoards when they see we have stopped and are talking. They are very poor but look so very happy and content with what they have. But we did see a family growing a small amount of ganger........there is no TV so they have to have some small pleasures.

I have tried loading photographs with success......I think they are too large for the site.

Overall we are have an experience of a lifetime, keeping fit (although we have both had colds) but so far no tummy problems. Temperature is around 30 for most of the day but our last few days in the mountains it was cold in the morning and in the evening.

We are here for 2 days and then we move onto Chittargarh then Bundi.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb