Jaipur


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan
November 26th 2006
Published: December 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Jaipur



On our way to Jaipur we stopped at a monkey temple. This is where monks worship a god who has a monky face and tail. There are also lots of monkies to feed! They're well funny and snatch your nuts like weird little children. Jaipur was busy again, but more fun than Delhi. We went on an elephant up to a fort, even then we had people trying to sell us crappy little puppets by handing them up to the rider/driver/jockey- whatever you call him. The fort was really cool and we spent ages getting lost in the tiny passageways. We also saw a baby monkey get poached by a stray dog. This caused much excitment, everyone watched the band of screaming monkies try to get their infant back- which they did to everyone's relief.

We also went to a museum in the city palace where we could see old clothes, old guns, and lots of expensive old things. This is the theme with most of the historic stuff here in Rajasthan- Rich maharajas and the expensive things they enjoy. Nessy bought a couple of cool little paintings of a camel and an elephant. We learnt that a camel is a symbol for love, an elephant for luck and a horse for strength. But we still haven't worked out what the cows are for- apart from eating all the street rubbish. They're everywhere and they're sacred. That's all we know- no mention of any cow gods or anything. Boff.

Finally, we went to the cinema to watch the latest Bollywood Blockbuster. It was about a wedding and, although we didn't understand the language, it was fairly easy to follow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Ness, an elephant and guardsNess, an elephant and guards
Ness, an elephant and guards

Later, these kind men who offered to be in our photograph will ask for a tip.
GentlemanGentleman
Gentleman

We thought this gentleman had been looking at the view for far too long.


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb