A Place where Magic still Rules


Advertisement
Asia » India » Rajasthan
January 15th 2019
Published: January 15th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Sometimes, when we close our eyes, we drift into a state of unconsciousness that is quite pleasant. A state of peace and harmony envelops us as our mind and body reach a truce and dreams begin. Troubles disappear as our muscles relax and serenity takes control of our mind. Physical exhaustion passes as our minds drift deeper into slumber and our subconscious begins to present itself in very realis... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Trophy RoomTrophy Room
Trophy Room

Lalgarh Palace- Bikaner
Hawa MahalHawa Mahal
Hawa Mahal

Palace of the Winds- Jaipur



16th January 2019
Blue City Puppies

Look at those puppy eyes and waggy tail...
Your photos have perfectly captured Rajasthan's majesty, and what a beautifully written blog too. I had similar reservations to you before our trip to India, and if truth be told, we probably wouldn't have gone if Andrew hadn't had his heart set on it. And even though it was everything I feared it would be, it really didn't matter, because it was also so so so much more - as you've beautifully captured in this post. While it's certainly not a destination for everyone, it certainly rewarded us with the most extraordinarily rich travel experiences :)
16th January 2019
Blue City Puppies

Puppies...
These cuties were a good indication of what we found in India. Characters, who despite tough lives that might cause many to give up, still took every opportunity to wag a tail and get the most out of what they have. India truly inspired and changed us which is more than I can say about most places we have travelled. We are sad to leave this morning and hope the feelings we have follow us in our travels. P.S. We would have loved to figure out how to fit these guys in our carryons somehow....
16th January 2019

Eating all that food, some shared with strangers...
and no Delhi Belly. Good for you! I read your experiences with interest and your positive outlook despite some difficulties. Linda wants to visit India someday. After an unpleasant experience there as a child, if we do go, it will be first class all the way...the basic bubble.
16th January 2019

Belly...
We travelled by ourselves but with a tour on our first trip to India in 2006. We saw lots of sites but did not have the magical experience we enjoyed on this trip. I understand (and appreciate) the desire to isolate yourself in the safety of the first class luxuries, but we found it easy (and cheap) to travel here. We stayed in smaller hotels and booked all of our travel ourselves or with help of guest house owners. Like you, we were full of fears when we got here, but suffered none of the issues that are so often written about. I hope you get the chance to come, we found it to be truly "Incredible India".
19th January 2019
Jaisalmer Lake Sunset

A lot of great photos
That was a lot of great photos from a wonderful country. I really want to go back to India and see some more. I have only scratched a little bit on the surface of all that there is to discover there. Thank's for blogging about and showing us India. /Ake
19th January 2019
Jaisalmer Lake Sunset

Scratching....
I know what you mean about scratching the surface. Even in a month of travelling we really only saw Rajasthan. It is a huge country with many interesting things. Hopefully one day we will be back. Thank you for the nice compliments and for commenting, Ake!
22nd January 2019

Indeed Magical
I'm entranced by this blog and it's pictures, I would love to go there myself. :)
22nd January 2019

Indeed...
We expect some places we visit to be easy and they turn out to be difficult. We expect some places we visit to have great ambience and sometimes leave unfulfilled. We expected India to be difficult and overbearing, and it was neither. The people were helpful, the food was delicious, the prices were great and we came away with nothing but great memories. It was indeed magical. Thanks for commenting and reading!
7th February 2019
Jaisalmer Fort

My dream is travelling
Its very expensive otherwise my dream was to travel the world and see all the creation .
10th August 2019
Jaisalmer Fort

Best rajasthan Tour Place after Jaipur or Udaipur
one of the best place for all desert lover.

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb