John Wayne eat your heart out!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Pushkar
January 31st 2007
Published: February 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After our meeting with the Guru we decidd to carry on the religious theme and visited our first Sikh Temple in India - this is a place where we had to cover our heads - luckily i'd done a lot of scarf buying today so had an array of scarves to choose from - the hippy in me coming to light!!

Anyway you're probably wondering why the John Wayne reference - well we had to make a mad dash after the temple, to prepare ourselves for a sunset camel trek!! Thats right we went a camel riding!!

We meet our guides outside the hostel and come face to face with our camels - what a handsome duo they were - the camel that is!! Although my camel didn't particularly look like he was up for a ride on the wild side and gave a big cry when he was forced to get on his knes for me! And me being the animal lover that i am, started thinking it wa animal cruelty to let this poor crying animal have to carry my weight for2 2 hours - so of course i shed a tear!!! Well i didn't want to be cruel to him!!! But i eventually jumped on board and we were off into the desert!!
Halfway through the trek we take a break and stop in the middle of the desert and dismount the camels. Whislt Michelles camel sits politely on the floor, mine makes no attempt to hide his disgust and passes out - yes literallt passes out on the floor and goes to sleep!!! Now i'm really thinking its animal cruelty!!

OOOO time for another interesting factoid for you!! Whilst the camel was unconscious on the floor, i noticed what looked remarkably like another foot pad just under his chest - we enquired to the guides and apparently the story goes that the camel was born with 5 legs, but he struggled to walk with 5 legs so cried up to God to help him, God said ok and gave his 5th leg a big thump, pushing it inside him, which in turn created the humps tht you see on camels back!! So there you go, camels humps are really their 5th leg that God pushed up!

As we walked back through the gorgeous sunset, the view was somewhat disturbed by my farting camel
Passed outPassed outPassed out

Guess which one mine is!
who proceeded to go for a big wee as i got off!!! Really don't think he liked me!!

And now i get to walk like John Wayne!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0679s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb